Here are the instructions for inserting a drum pump into a 55 gallon drum of olive oil. This will give you an idea for how to set up a pump prior to purchasing.
- Slide pump cylinder into the drum opening
- Loosen thumbscrew. Turn drum adapter into drum opening. Position the pump and hand tighten the thumbscrew. NOTE: No tools necessary. Excessive tightening will crush the pump barrel.
- Install spigot into the cylinder head and tighten the spigot collar. NOTE: Cylinder head has a standard 1/2” garden hose connection for easily attaching a garden hose to the pump discharge.
- Use short quick stores to start pumping action. Then regular stroke speed to obtain desired discharge.
- After prolonged use, liquid may seen at the shaft. Tighten the packing nut to eliminate seepage. NOTE: Packing nut will last the life of the pump. No need to replace in normal use.
- If the pump fails to prime or deliver full volume: rinse thoroughly with hot water or solvent to loosen caked or solidified deposits and free valve plates.
**Information and instructions specific to item shown at left, Stainless Steel Drum Pump Item #H-3864, available for purchase at www.uline.com.