- Position: Production & Warehouse Lead
- Department: Production
- Salary: $16-$20 /Hr. DOE
- Location: Kent, Washington 98031
About The Role
The Production & Warehouse Lead position works alongside the production team to ensure they have what is needed for production, that production runs smoothly, and the production team is fully utilized. Will work with the Production Manager to set and prioritize daily production and warehouse related tasks. In addition the person(s) fulfilling this role will fill customer orders, ship and receive material, perform basic maintenance tasks, and keep the work area clean and safe.
- Work in a safe and professional manner.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds above shoulder level.
- Ability to stand in one position for an entire shift.
- Able to work from ladders and on top of rolling stock (tankers).
- Reading comprehension and writing English at a high school level.
- Be able to write legibly.
- Math skill level at a high school equivalency.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate.
- Posses a valid drivers license.
- Have good organization skills.
- Willingness to respond to changes and challenges to meet production timelines.
- Be a team player and leader.
- Reliably work in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform daily walk through’s of the production area / warehouse to check for cleanliness,
organization, maintenance issues, and potential problems.
- Keep the production area / warehouse organized.
- Set up the production line / equipment for production runs.
- Ensure that the production team has the materials and equipment needed at their work site.
- Work with the Production Manager to determine and prioritize daily production and tasks.
- Assign individual production team members tasks to fully utilize their time.
- Assist with the training of new employees.
- Ensure that hygiene, safety, and quality standards are maintained.
- Sweep, mop, and clean the warehouse and production area, common areas, and bathrooms.
- Maintain and clean the external areas of the warehouse.
- Clean and sanitize equipment used to fill / transfer product.
- Maintain a clutter free and safe work environment.
- Report for work each day in clean clothes and maintain a high level of personal hygiene to
ensure the safety and integrity of our products.
- Safely unload and load trucks and rail cars by hand, hand truck, pallet jack, forklift or other
- Clearly, reliably, and completely complete all paperwork associated with tasks such as
receiving documents, pick slips, logs, bills of lading, etc.
- Perform cycle counts and inventories.
- Perform basic machine maintenance and assist with higher-level maintenance and projects.
- Work with the Production Manager to maintain adequate levels of shop stock.
- Work with the Production Manager to plan and prioritize warehouse tasks and production.
- Stop and report any unsafe conditions or actions to the Production Manager.
- Load and unload rail / truck tankers, including opening or venting from the top of the tanker.
- Fill customer orders using a variety of pumps and equipment. This may require standing in
one place for a full shift while operating a filling machine.
- Set up filling / production equipment such as lot coders, labelers, box sealers, and fill
- Report all spills and equipment malfunctions to the Production Manager.
- Load pallets per established load plans.
- Shrink-wrap / safely secure pallets for shipment.
- Use a forklift and other powered equipment to support production and warehouse functions.
- Use powered hand tools.
- Follow written processes and procedures to ensure the quality and safety of our product.
- Use computers and other office equipment to perform basic administrative tasks.
- Clearly communicate all issues, problems, and ideas with the Production Manager.
- Work to continually improve the warehouse and production areas and process.
- Focus on providing a quality and professional product for our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Want to Apply?
If this is the right job for you, tell us about yourself! Start by clicking the button below to introduce yourself, or even better, you can email a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Tell us all about your work experience, and why you think you'd be an ideal fit.
Remember, this job requires you to be on-site at our production facility Monday through Friday in Kent, Washington, which is approximately 20 minutes south of Seattle.