- 4 lbs. Yukon Gold or creamer potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup senza fina olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, gently smashed and peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 1-inch-wide strips lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, add enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Add 1 tbsp. salt. Bring to a boil and cook until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 2/3 cup oil, the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, crushed red pepper, and 1/8 tsp. salt over low, stirring occasionally, until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the potato cooking water; drain the potatoes. Push the potatoes through a potato ricer back into the pot, or return the potatoes to the pot and mash with a potato masher. Strain the oil mixture into the potatoes and add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water, mixing in more cooking water if the potatoes are too thick; season. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with the parsley.
Topics: Olive Oil