- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup packed organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon simply senza sunflower oil
- 1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( or vanilla bean paste)
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maldon salt for garnish
- Weigh out your flour then whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugars briskly with the oil and water until smooth and incorporated, then whisk in the vanilla
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a spatula until just combined and no flour is visible. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Divide dough into 18 portions, arrange on foil or parchment lined plates, then cover rightly and chill for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the balls of dough with coarse-grained sea salt and bake for 12 to 13 minutes, oruntil the edges are just golden. For smaller cookies, divide each chilled dough ball in half so that you have about 36 cookies and cut the baking time to about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before serving
Topics: Sunflower/Safflower Oil