We understand that mistakes can happen, both in Centra Foods’ operation and once it is out of our hands during delivery. However, we cannot readily accept returns due to the strict USDA and FDA food safety and security standards we comply with.
With this in mind, there are two situations in which we will provide a product replacement:
- If a different item than you ordered was shipped by Centra Foods in a warehouse error
- If freight damage occurred in transit, prior to the point that you accepted delivery and due to the fault of the shipper. This situation requires photo and Bill of Lading documentation. Centra Foods’ step-by-step return policy must be followed to be eligible for a replacement or refund.
If You Received A Different Item Than Ordered
Mistakes are rare, but they can happen. If you believe you were shipped a different item than you ordered, please refuse delivery and contact our Customer Service Department within one (1) business day of delivery to alert us that the shipment has been returned with the driver.
Please have the following information noted for you discussion:
- Order Number
- Order Date
- Company Name
- Item Ordered
- Packaging Ordered
With this information compiled, we will try to resolve this for you right away.
WARNING: Do not open any of the containers or break any of the products seals. This will make your product ineligible for a replacement or refund.
All sales are final. If you placed your order for the wrong product in error, replacements and refunds will not be available due to strict USDA/FDA food safety programs in place.
If Your Product Was Damaged in Transit
If your product incurred damage in transit prior to accepting delivery, you may be eligible for a replacement or refund.
If your product is damaged upon delivery, you must refuse delivery of this pallet report any shipping issues or damage to your order within one (1) business days of delivery.
If your order has freight damage, do NOT accept or take possession of that pallet; instead, tell the driver that you are “refusing delivery due to damage”. The damaged product with return back with the driver, and we can send a new shipment out to you.
Always refuse delivery of the full pallet. For example, if your order consists of 60 35 Lb. Containers, and only 3 of them are damaged, you must refuse delivery of the entire pallet. On the other hand, if you ordered 360 35 Lb. Containers (or 6 pallets) and only 3 of them are damaged, you only need to refuse the pallet that contains the damage. In this case, the other 5 pallets can be received.
Step By Step Return Process
To be eligible for a return or replacement, you MUST take the following steps:
- Locate the Bill of Lading (BOL) copy that the driver keeps.
- Make a note that there was damage of the Bill of Lading that the driver keeps. For example, “3 Jugs Damaged” or “Damage Present”.
- Ask the driver to sign this copy of the BOL, showing that there was agreed upon damage at the time of delivery.
- Take a photo of the noted and signed BOL (see above).
- Take photos of the damaged product (please get 3+ photos showing multiple angles of the damage).
- Email our Online Storefront Customer Service Department the following information to begin the return process:
- Photos (3+) of the damaged product
- Photo of the BOL signed by the driver noting the damage
- Your name
- Company name
- Order number
- Order date
- Product name
- Packaging type
- Detailed description of the damage incurred
Please send this above email to the following:
Without the above photo and Bill of Lading documentation, your order will not be eligible for replacement or refund.
Once you have contacted our Customer Service department, you will receive the following details:
- Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
Keep in mind, to be eligible for return:
- All return items must have an RMA number
- All items in original packaging with the product seals intact.
- Damaged products must be refused and returned to the shipper in order for you to receive a product refund.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact our Customer Service team:
You Must Be Present For Delivery
To accept delivery of your bulk shipment, you (or an authorized adult representative) will need to be home to meet the driver and accept the shipment. Signature for receipt of goods is required.
When your order arrives to the shipping terminal in a nearby city, you will receive a call directly from the shipper to set a delivery appointment. This delivery appointment will be a block of approximately 4 hours that the driver plans to arrive within.
If you are not home when the driver delivers your order (within this pre-arranged block of time), they will NOT leave your shipment without someone there to accept delivery and review it for any possible damage. Signature is required. In this case, your order will return back to the terminal and the shipping company will get in touch to schedule an appointment within the next few days.
If you are not home on the 2nd delivery appointment attempt, your order will automatically be re-routed back to Centra Foods, and you will be refunded the cost of the shipment less all shipping costs (to and from) and a $100 re-stocking fee. Please make sure that you are home to accept delivery, as Centra Foods will not responsible for the cost of shipping, storage or re-delivery costs due to missed delivery appointments.
Orders are sent automatically into production and shipped. Therefore, once they are placed they can not be cancelled.